Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Fuck Yorkies.

So the Westminster Dog Show was on the tele tonight. It was awesome. So many puppies. I've determined that the toy section of the show is nothing more than a joke. Stupid little puffballs. Save for the Havenese. Gotta love those.

So Minal and I had a sudden realization that we're almost done with this whole high school crap. It was an odd sensation, mixed with both excitement and, our worst enemy, fear. I can't say that I'm not looking forward to graduating and leaving, but I can't say that I am. What I am is confused and bothered by the fact that it's almost over. The memories of years past are all too clear and that only means they are all too fresh. That only leads to the emotion of missing things you never thought meant much to you in the first place. I never thought I would miss the routine, the rut I have found myself in. Yet, I do, and I am yet to leave. I never thought I would feel so close to a place I never wanted to call my home. Yet I know I will be wishing I could go home on the less than pleasant days.

This is it. This is the moment we have all been waiting for our entire lives. Many of our friends have seen it and can possibly teach some of us some things about it, but I find that often enough, they are just as afraid of it all as any of us can be. But we can only look at it one way, we can only see it as the realization that our lives have only just begun. We will have to understand that all the things we have been through have the chance of becoming nothing more than memories stored in the back of our minds. The best of it all is just coming up. We have to be prepared for it.

=Lucky=

[ =Lucky= ] | 9:59 AM |

Comments: Post a Comment
a thousand words
always offer an alternative