Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Black & Blue

I took the day off on Friday in order to catch up on a little sleep and to get myself out to Austin before the sun goes down. It'll be good to get a little more time up there to just relax and not worry about much except where I'm going to get a bite to eat and which friends are coming with me. I'm also pretty excited about going to the Greenbelt and riding the trails.

It's probably been a month since I last sat on the saddle of my mountain bike and I always miss it when I'm gone for extended periods of time. It feels amazing to just ride and use up so much energy. The bruises and the scratches are all more than worth it at the end of the day.

There are a few moments on the Greenbelt where things calm down and you're not looking for the best line. You actually just want to stop and look around. You want to soak in the scenery because it's unique and constantly changing. Most importantly, it isn't gray and it definitely is not a cubicle.

It's funny how something that's so physically demanding can be one of the most relaxing things you've ever done.

I'm ready to earn some more bruises.

[ =Lucky= ] | 8:42 AM |

Comments: Post a Comment
a thousand words
always offer an alternative