Monday, January 14, 2008

Computer Mech Woes

I eventually got my front derailleur back into a decent enough condition for the trails on Saturday. That means I had to keep it in the second or third rings at all times. Not that it mattered, I didn't really stray too far from the high 2s or low 3s. I had fun that day after all. I conquered some climbs that were causing me problems and took some inclines that made me nervous. Good fun.

I also rode with an older guy that offered some fun conversation about going over his handlebars a little while before we met on the trail. I hadn't fallen by this point so it was difficult to supply him with any similar experiences. I never really did fall at any point in the day, I simply dropped the bike when it came close to eating it. I did slam into a tree with my arm at one point.

The next day I couldn't think of anything I would rather do than go back to the trails. It never happened though and all I want to do now is go back to the trails. I think it may be a bit too cold for that though.

I'm also thinking of switching to clipless pedals soon.

I'm sort of nervous about it.

[ =Lucky= ] | 9:52 AM |

Comments: Post a Comment
a thousand words
always offer an alternative