Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Juice Boxes & Fixed Gears

It's been 2+ years since I've had a Hi-C juice box and I must admit, I have missed them. They're a bit too sweet to enjoy daily but the limited number of boxes in a Flashin' Fruit Punch package will limit the intake to just 8 drinks that I probably won't restock.

I'm sipping on one as I sit in front of my work monitor. I was looking forward to it this morning when I remembered that I left one in the breakroom refrigerator. I almost panicked when I saw that the straw was no longer attached to the back of the box. Luckily, I found it sitting at the bottom of the fridge. Crisis averted.

Drinking the juice reminded of a strange dream I had the other night in which I was trapped in a Chuck E. Cheese type establishment. The dream eventually lead me to my own bedroom where I was shocked to find that many of the items in there did not belong to me. The most awkward was my exgirlfriend sitting at the corner of my bed in a pensive state. Oddly enough, instead of asking why her belongings were around my room or asking why she was there in general, I looked at the bicycle pedals hanging from the wall. I asked, "are those my pedals?" She quickly replied, "uh, those are for my fixed gear," in a tone that implied that the answer was obvious. For some reason, I cringed and was angered at the thought of her riding fixed. I then woke up.

So there you have it. None of my exgirlfriends are allowed to move into my room without me knowing, sit on the edge of my bed, hang pedals on my wall, or ride fixed. It apparently gets me pretty frustrated.

Funny thing is, in real life, I'd think it's pretty hot and would be dying to rekindle the lovefest.

[ =Lucky= ] | 2:23 PM |

Comments: Post a Comment
a thousand words
always offer an alternative